Friday, June 02, 2006

La Diva D'étape D'action! (That's Me!)

It's Friday and I am doing all I can to be relaxed but productive given the amount of this and that necessary for me to do to still be going forward and not living in some kind of happy stasis. I guess one of my concerns is that I am really not some interesting hybrid of Superman and Wonder Woman. Then I could create, travel, putz about the studio and have a clean apartment.
But yesterday I took some truly fabtabulous action steps:

  1. I got new 2x2s done for my new passaport. Remember how Ricky kept saying it like that to Lucy in that great European vacation series "You've got to have your passaport!"(DivaCardista loves her some Lucy!)
    and
  2. I finally got some stuff out of my apartment and sent it to the family down south. And the postal worker that I had was absolutely the best. Not only did he help DivaCardista to choose the best way to get the stuff in the mail, he did all the wrapping for me. Now that's right up there with Man Bites Dog--that's something you don't see every day! Huzzah for the USPS!!

Yeah chile. I had to get that stuff away from my person! You know, because the residence is only so big and it was either me or that late nineteenth century silverware. And, I am happy to report, the big money was on me. Them old salad forks and butter knives used to cost me at least five minutes every time I was trying to leave my house, and where I live, five minutes blossoms into all kinds of missed transportation opportunities and fine friendships made just that much more fragile because of me showing up late with an interesting story as to why. Now, I can flow on without incident.

As for the passaport, honey, DivaCardista is doin all she can to break out to the great white north and dig some Ruth Brown, Tony Bennett and my girl Dee Dee Bridgewater. Especially since I spend a decent amount of my time in the middle of the continent, I feel that every now and again I need to get down with some back bacon and chill with my North American francophoneans digging le jazz hot. Oui?

Blessings,
DivaCardista

No comments: