Friday, June 16, 2006

Dust Bunny Massacre

Not that we weren’t having a grand olde time, but…after months of going out to the ballet, the theatre, the cinema; this that and the other out of town rejuvenating/refocusing experience; and…well…Dad’s dying and Mom’s illness; stripping, boxing up and selling the house of my youth; and participating in church life, honey, DivaCardista found herself and her home in quite a situation. A situation and a scandal!

Darling, I woke up one day only to discover all manner of church shoes cast about, stalagmites of design ideas sketched on the backs of “you’ve been pre-approved”-mail everywhere, laundry bags growing in width and girth, bathroom rugs lookin all debatable, a refrigerator that had become the Museum of Food History and a kitchen floor that went crunch. And dust! Chile, dust too plentiful to speak of, just-a clinging to my objets and lampshades from afar. So DivaCardista had to say hold up wait a minute. Took the phone off the hook and took my estate back from grime to glam again. And, after much toil & strategy and chugging much pomegranate juice, I am happy to say on this sunny Friday morning, my house is beginning to feeling all homey and lovely and lemon fresh again.

It has been at least a week since I’ve been out on the town and I am so loving reviving the role of DivaCardista as Happy HausFrau. Truly I love taking my time, taking my little hand held vacuum and getting all up in betwixt, just-a cleanin and-a shinin and getting merry like Christmas. Using all of the vacuum cleaner attachments. Shopping for cleaning supplies like I was expecting Oprah. I really don’t know how them other Divas about town do it. Maybe they have help. Maybe they just up and move every so often. Or maybe they don’t mind living in Dustville, but I sure do.

You should see how fabulous my computer keyboard is now. It’s as if matte could sparkle. Finally got that over the closet door shoe organizer that I had been passing in the store for the last two years (as if $5.99 was way too much to pay for reclaimed emotional space). Laundry bags are now happily deflated. Even got that little cart that fits just behind my bathroom door for all things ablutional. Please. Once I got into the zone, those dust bunnies never stood a chance. As the poet once said “I feel good!”

(And what was initial the catalyst for this cleaning frenzy? The loss of my all too important and yet elusive cell phone. Oy! Another blog for another time.)

In closing, I have one last thought before we dive into this last weekend of spring cleaning. As we ease into the summer months, always remember:
Krusty is a clown, not a lifestyle.

Now let me go so I can get my vacuum and make those pretty designs in my carpet.

Blessings,
DivaCardista

No comments: