Friday, September 01, 2006

Yearning to Breathe Free

Ah, September! That special time of year when a Diva's mind turns to feverish thoughts of just how are we gonna get Ma on @*&% Medicaid!!

And if you've not journeyed down the sweet and [mil]dewy paper trail that leads one to Medicaid Lane, well, darling, you simply must.

But enough about the seeming infinity of data that flutters round as we endeavor to catch up. Let's be about the actual Catching Up, shall we?

Just before these delightfully white walls began to close in on my person, DivaCardista opted to break out (or be clowned) and began her inaugural Friendship Tour!

Both delight and psychophysiospiritual necessity, my tour loosed me from the Atlantic and led me clear across to the Pacific and those fantastic Hollywood Hills. Thank you Lord, for, you see, once the wheels of that jumbo jet touched the tarmac, my shackles broke and my spirit was set free.

And didn't your DivaCardista play La Tourista to the hilt. We went to the Rose Garden, The Science Museum, saw our first IMAX film (scared me half to death, everything just about to eat everything else...thank you, Mr. Brad Pitt aka The Narrator...next time, warn us about the grizzliness about to ensue up under the beautiful blue, ok?), wove through USC campus, went to a fierce wrap party for my multitalented Television Writer pal Anthony (held in some delightfully offbeat architectural oddity that looked like The Goth Hilton)...and, most importantly, spent time with my fantastic friends at their gorgeous home with a kidney shaped pool and, yes, room for a wee pony.

Speaking of which, I really loved waking to the pitter patter of two and a half year old feet. Said feet belong to none other than wee Diva Olivia Pearl, my friends' pride & joy. And did she and I have a blast! My favorite part was when we fingerpainted together. Now that was great, as it has been a minute since I've worked in that medium. She is truly a bright light in this world and I am so glad to have finally met her.

During my stay in LA -- just three nights/four days, because of the whole fish & house guest theory -- my friends & I had the happy opportunity to see fantastic Miss Fantasia just doing it right in the record-breaking Lifetime special "Life is Not a Fairy Tale". Mph mph mph! What a wonderful piece. She and Miss Debbie Allen did the doggone thing! And the fantastically ubiquitous Miss Loretta Devine (whom, I am happy to say, I also saw last night on "Everybody Hates Chris" as Chris' maternal grandma) better just go on with her badd self.

And then it was off to see my goodfolk in the Midwest.

Rolled up in Chicago, feeling all kinda good from LA only to experience new delights in the truly new & improved downtown Chicago. Got to see the amazing outdoor sculpture known as The Bean; The jazz was just great; the beach was...well, janky, but still enjoyable as my entrepreneurably lovely galpal Ally took me past it and onto my first (drumroll please) totally tricked out sailboat! (And I helped!) Learned a bit about rigging & physics all whilst chilling in the middle of the freshwater pond known as Lake Michigan.

I even got to see my Chicago alma mater and one of my dear professors, who is gently recovering from a bit of a fall.

Dear folk, all.

And then, enriched, enlivened & considerably refreshed, I returned to my little home near the Diva in the harbour just in time for the next verse of the neverending song that is @*&% Medicaid.

All in all, We truly hope you & yours enjoy this Labor Day Weekend and the last breeze of summer.

Blessings,
DivaCardista

No comments: