Thursday, September 14, 2006

Can This Be Real? (You Down wit OPP?)

Since I like to keep in touch, though busy as a mug, here are a few of the things that pass through a Diva's mind on a rainy Thursday (in no particular order):

Um, it is me, or

a) are we treating cats better than we treat our own mothers on Mother's Day?
Think about it:
when was the last time you had gourmet salmon & shrimp? On crystal, no less?
(And no, Chicken of the Sea on a
White Rose paper plate doesn't count.)

b) shouldn't there be some cat food ad with

50% more field mouse!

somewhere on the label? (I'm just tryin to keep it real, gnome sayin?)

  • "Maybe I'll Whip You [if You Misbehave?]":

Whip Appeal? Perchance. Let it Whip? OK. (great beat, easy to dance to...) DivaCardista will even let the perennial favorite slide: Lovely Aisha's phonic contusion which promts the oft quoted

"sound like she said sound like she said
Beat Me"

as heard over Mr. Wonder's happy "Isn't She Lovely" harmonica solo.

But, not to be all 1865 about it...

Am I really supposed to be cool with a stage full of beautiful brown people harmonizing and soulfully making music to support a white guy riffin & runnin himself into an r&b froth over & over again about the possibility of a [tee hee] whipping (of any description) following the probability of his lover's misbehavior?

"Most records sold" quoth Ms. DeGeneris. Hmm. Looks to me like "Sexy" needs to go Back and read HEmotions or go see The Color Purple so he can hear Sofia's message loud and clear:

I love Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead
before I let him or a
nybody beat me.

or to quote the DivaCardista Director's Cut of Love Story

"Love means never having to say
Whip me
and
I Will Cut You
."

& finally (for now)

  • When Kofi Speaks, Folk Should Listen:

When this thoughtful, reserved, wise, even-tempered, erudite man talks about
...er... Our Persia Problem & starts to sound like Usher

"People screamin it won't work
Time and time [you] say
I'm gonna leave
But [you] can't let [this] go..."

we all best be scheduling some extra prayer time tonight!

Blessedly,
DivaCardista

No comments: