Saturday, May 27, 2006

Monie, Memorials & Meatballs

It is warm tonight and Monie Love is blowin up the spot with the greatest of ease. Indeed it is a shame that by "the spot" I mean TV. Nevertheless I am happy to finally begin this here blog that has been following me like a shadow since my brilliant mentor/friend Ally first said, "Diva you need a blog. Don't nobody know nothin about you or your site (www.blessedstarcards.com). You need to get your blog on in the most serious way. Stop living in 1983!"

Ok. It is clearly warm outside cause folks are starting to get mad loud about nothing in particular, revving motorcycles and what have you, like 80 degrees is their licence to lose all of their minds along with most of their clothes. Folks went from timberlands to jelly shoes in a heartbeat. But its midnight I'm still groovin to the rhythm of traffic and checkin out the scenario of this upcoming holiday weekend. Beaches and barbecue! Not that I need barbecue, but if offered, this Diva will not refuse.

As a matter of fact, there is somebody in the cafe kitchen at church who makes the most amazing barbecued meatballs. I tried to replicate and got real close with some seasoned turkey that I fried up and then drizzled with barbecue sauce, which was good served with that new mutivitamin/multifabulous Barilla spaghetti, but nothing near the sweetsavory delight that they serve up about once a month after service.

Which is just one more thing I love about my church: where else can you get fish & grits, eight types of chicken, vegetable lasagna, curry goat, collard greens and barbecued meatballs for coffee hour?

Wow. Who knew we had so much on the dome?

Here's hoping your memorial day celebration is both reflective and flavorful.

Blessedly,
Diva Cardista

No comments: